Colonial Intermediate Unit 20
Description:Having worked as the Colonial Intermediate Unit 20's (CIU 20's) Web and Application Developer for nearly 3.5 years I am proud to finally present the first .NET
project which I am able to share with the public. The arrival of this new CIU20 public website represents a year's worth of rebranding,
new marketing considerations, a complete overhaul of the CIU20's information architecture, united department goals, and a fresh backend system customized to the
IU's specific needs.
Some features of this site include
While an immediate walkthrough of the site appears to offer a very simple website, it is not. This site is supported by a foundation of the
latest ASP.NET 2.0 features applied in the most tranparent manor. There might be a major .NET engine working behind the scenes to provde quick
and up to date content, but if you don't see it while walking through the site then this site is a true success.
- Dual Navigation System
- Department Based - when you are familiar with the IU organization.
- Audience Based - brings the most important content straight to the user without sifting through a mass of information.
- Interactive and Customized Google map for easier directions to any of our district locations.
- Integrated Google Site Search
- Integrated Google Statistical Tracking (Google Analytics)
- New Marketing Banner System
- Rotating Homepage Banner of true CIU20 students upon each visit.
- Streamlined Employment Opportunities Section
- Advanced Breadcrumb system for quick updates to the site.
- New WYSIWYG editor allows IU staff to include photos, graphics, and link to documents within their department articles
Go to the Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 site!
return to projects page.